Are you a couple struggling with the unknown right now?
With all the uncertainty right now you’re probably wondering if you should begin or continue planning for your wedding this year.
The answer is YES!
Here’s what you need to know:
1. With your Venue – speak to them about creative ways to make it fun and intimate. If you’re unsure if you will be moving forward with your current date, speak with your venue and learn the postponement policies ASAP. 2022 booking season is well underway and we want to make sure you get that prime date. Ask the what if questions that lead to possible date changes, decision deadlines or smaller guest counts and how to move forward. If you’re new to planning and choosing 2021, reach out to those favourite venues that you would think might be booked. They’ve seen many date changes so reach out and ask.
2. With your Vendors – If you haven’t secured your vendors yet, now’s the time to book. If you’re unsure of what your wedding might look like, ask about a smaller deposit until you’re closer to. Each vendor is different but it’s worth the ask. if you’re considering postponing, speak to your vendors ASAP. Share a few dates and confirm their availability BEFORE choosing the new date because you’ll want to make sure they can be there for you. If you need a good postponement template, we can assist you with this.
3. Communicate w/ your guests– If you had previously postponed from 2020 to 2021, send them a follow up email and update them on what to expect next. Head over to our Instagram for FREE WEDDING TEMPLATES you can share with your guests.
4. Keep it intimate – while we stay hopeful and love a large celebration we must be realistic in our planning knowing what last year permitted us to do. Let’s get creative!
Ask yourself, can you get married based on what summer 2020 looked like?
5. Hire a Professional Wedding Planner – yep, we’re pros at planning weddings with fast turnarounds and handling COVID logistics. Shameful plug to connect with us HERE.
And remember, YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO US. We all lived through 2020 and know what this summer might hold for us and therefore can be more prepared and share our creative wedding examples from last year. We can’t wait to celebrate your wedding day with you!
Photo credits: Mathias Fast Photography / Ruby + Lib (Etsy) / A Practical Wedding / The Apartment Photography